Translate This Page

Translator online

Thursday, October 17, 2013

October Newsletter 2013




Hello Dear Ones!  
I want to share a scripture truth with you today.  There are a few base scriptures that I have built my life upon. One of them is this one:
Psalm 37:23(KJV)  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
If you do a word study on this scripture you can actually say it like this: (Hold onto your hat, this will blow you away!)
“When a valiant, strong man, a warrior with strength and ability, keeps companionship with the Lord, then his steps are made sure and prosperous, because the Lord directs and ordains each step, making them firm, stable, and established. The Lord makes his way perfect as he goes, and prepares the way ahead of him, making provision and arranging everything in order. For it is His inclination to bend down towards man, show him favor, take pleasure in the relationship with him and thus God is delighted to walk with him and do these things for him.”   Wow!  
And then we have: Proverbs 16:9 (AMP) A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
I think of Paul who on his missionary travels, tried to go several places, but was blocked by God and then God redirected him through a vision when he heard the Macedonian call to “come over here.”  I take comfort in these things, and walk them out as I plan my own missionary travels! 
I have been planning since my last trip to Nigeria to return again in October.  As the time drew near, I secured time off work, and began to call in the remaining funds.  Suddenly I get a text message from my main host, telling me that his schedule has been changed by an unforeseen commitment.  His Bishop called a conference and he has to be there!  So I began to inquire, can I rearrange the order of my trip?  But it soon became apparent, that would not work.  I shared my thoughts with Olu how the door to return to Idah for 3 weeks seemed shut at the moment, but how I trusted that God was ordering my steps! (All the while I was thinking about Paul.)  So, I made the decision to call off the trip, and that evening I received 2 text messages.  One was from Gideon in Gambia saying, “Mama, meet me in Trinidad after you finish in Nigeria- I want you to do a Leadership seminar there!”  The second was from Psalm which said, “Mum I want you to come to Benue State in November and help me dedicate my friend’s church! We are expecting between 10-15,000 people in attendance and maybe even the President of Nigeria!” 
So, I leave for Nigeria on Nov.19th and return Nov.26th. I have seen pictures of the church and it is huge inside!  I will be flying Delta this time. Total ticket cost is $1101.00 which is $300 more than what I originally had planned for. Thank you to all who have sown and will sow into this trip!  Bonus treat for me is that Apostle Psalm will be in the states and he and I will meet up in Atlanta and will be flying on the same plane together! Isn’t God good?!  Please pray over all aspects of this trip.  I will have a chance to speak into the lives of thousands of people in one sitting!  May God have His way! Amen.
News from other quadrants:
Uganda Pastor Ben:  “We made it home on Saturday evening after a week-long crusade in Mbarara.  Mbarara was a very hard ground but we broke thru in the Name of our Lord Jesus.  We so much thank you for your prayers-a great encouragement to me!!!! It was raining almost most of them time and one night i had to preach in the rain to not give up and it was most successful day when we persisted in the rain.  We had over 20 souls and most of them made it to Church on Sunday. On Friday afternoon 8 of them were baptized.”
“A certain lady in her late 40’s came to the crusade ground with her back bent and she had been in that condition for a long time, we prayed for her and she got healed. Another lady who had spent over one month without sleeping neither eating food was brought to the crusade, she had something like spear piercing through her heart each day and night, God healed her on our last day of the crusade and she slept on Friday night after all that long and also ate food.  Many others were healed. To God be the Glory!!!  Love, Ben”   (P.S. When he was in Congo, he survived a bomb blast. God protected him!)
India 



Pray for India!  The state of Orissa has been battered by a cyclone as of Oct. 11th. Once of the cities there, that Pastor Titus has done outreach in, is affected.  Details are still sketchy.
I had the wonderful privilege of praying over Titus, the prayer of dedication for Harvest Church.  The church building project which you have seen through photos, held its very first service 2 weeks ago!  There are still things needed, like an electric hook up, but the church is no longer meeting on an open roof top!  
Praise God.
Village outreaches continue. Pray for the safety of the workers and the hearts of the people to be receptive.

Nigeria:

Pray for our persecuted brethren in Nigeria who have experienced on average 1 church bombing a month in various locations.

Pray for Prophet Joshua, as his elder sister fell ill and died while he was on his mission trip.  He has returned and is heading up all the funeral arrangements.  He is hopeful of meeting up with me in Nov.

Pray for Rev. Armstrong Ocheje in Idah.  Both he and his wife Grace fell ill with Typhoid and Malaria.  Pray for full recovery and strength.

Bishop Solution Osas came to the states for some meetings.  He wanted to come see us, but we were unable to host him, because my right knee popped out of place and tore the meniscus (a ligament that acts as a shock absorber for the knee when you walk.) and I could barely walk and could not drive for 2 weeks or so!  I had a leg brace on and had to use a cane for the first week.  (I am healing nicely, Thank you Lord!) But he plans to come see me in the city of  Makurdi, where I will be for the church dedication next month.

Bishop Samuel D. Ocheje is ministering in Canada right now!  We have spoken several times on the phone.  He hopes to come to America next year to see us.

Apostle Psalm has been preaching in Italy and will come to the states to receive his Master’s Degree next month and then we will fly to Nigeria together.

Pastor Ibanga Essien continues to improve after he suffered a stroke earlier this year. We praise God for HIS faithfulness!

Gambia:

Priest Gideon is working on his latest CD release and is a guest worship leader and/or Christian performing artist at several functions within Gambia and also the Key Worship Leader for an Apostolic Summit in Trinidad in Nov!  

London:

Ola and Adele are doing well. Please pray for them as they seek God’s perfect timing and His plans concerning their ministry, “Gospel Rocks.”
Pakistan: 

Keep praying for the Christians in Pakistan! Pray for the families who were affected by the recent bombing of a major Christian church.  Pray for Pastor P. as he travels about ministering. 

NOV. 3rd is Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church.  PRAY for our persecuted brethren around the world, PLEASE! You may go to www.idop.org for more info. Or, Voice of the Martyrs and also Open Doors. Thank-you.

Thank you for partnering with us in prayers and finances. God bless and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you.  The Lord shower you with His Grace and favor. The Lord give you Peace.  In Jesus Name.  Amen!

Love,
Nancy, Tom and the Board of Directors



5 comments:

Olu J. Omidiran said...

Glory to God for this good report! I thank God for making your second journey to Nigeria in 2013 possible. This is amazing. It is also speaks of greater things to come.

Also, Happy Birthday to you, Mother! You've been blessed to be a blessing forever. You are a symbol of God's grace & greatness. Your life will constantly radiate joy & exude strength.
We rejoice with you on such a great day. Your best is yet to come and you ain't seen nothing out of all the Father has in stock for you! He's fulfilling your heart desires & increasing your harvest of joy. You will jump for joy & sing a brand new song, for this is your new season. Hallelujah!
-Olu

Ola Oceans said...

I see the Lord is at work in your life at a higher level. All I ask mama, when you get there; "give em Heaven"

I am so proud of you. Will hopefully get to speak this weekend. Love U so...
Regards to Papa.
Your Son,
Ola

Julius Nyabuto said...

Dear mum.
Thank you very much for the wonderful Holy work God is doing to His saints through you mum.Kindly we are in the feet of Christ praying for you and your safety trip to Nigeria.Honestly mum one reaps what he or she sow.Kindly through our prayers God has shown us the wonderful and blessed future a head of you.So also the God we are praising has a plan in you since He is calling you now and again to Nigeria.We are also praying for the divine power of God to be revealed to you and hence visit us in Kenya.Thanks and we shall pray for all our brothers and sisters.Welcome.
Yours son Julius.

Joan said...

I really appreciated your Oct. Letter, and all the WORD STUDY YOU DO FOR EACH ONE!!!

BLESSED AND FAVORED,
Love, Joan

R said...

GOOD letter and always love the updates!